REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT
All applicants must submit the following:
- Duly filled and signed application form (3-1/0001) [PDF]
- Representation by Employer form (3-1/0002) [PDF]
- Radiological Report form (3-1/0004) [PDF]
- Medical Certificate form (3-1/0004) [PDF]
- Two (2) Passport size photos of applicant and accompanying spouse
- Highest Educational Qualifications and/or Certificates
- Previous Work Reference or Certificates of Service
- Police Clearance Certificate from Country of Origin (For applicants 18 and older)
- If married to a Namibian Citizen, Marriage Contract
- If position was advertised, a copy of Advertisement
- A letter from Namibian Company/Institution
- A letter from Company/Institution from which you are presently employed with
- Copy of valid Passport
- Deed of Surety application form [PDF]
- Payment of US$ 150.00 in the form of cash, money order or certified check (*personal checks are not accepted) for the processing of the entry permit. * Additional charges may be applied by the different line Ministries or Institutions.
- An official translator must translate all documents or certificates into English.
- All forms must be duly filled (clearly and legibly).
- Submission of incomplete requirements will result to delay in application.
- Visas are issued with a validity of 3 months. If the person is staying for a year or more, they are required to apply for a permit. The processing time for a permit is 6 months and is applied through and issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- All permits are subject to the approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs before entering Namibia; therefore applicants who acquired permits from the other Namibian Ministries or Institutions are still required to get an approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs for it to be acknowledged.
What do I do with the completed documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington DC
Att: Consular section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
How long does it take?
In general the process takes 2 - 4 months. However, the speed at which your papers will be processed depends greatly on your ability to furnish the Embassy with all the proper documents. It is always recommended that you send your application material far in advance of when your need them and that you make copies of your records before sending them through the mail.